icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. Policy-makers and practitioners utilize our evidence and expertise to improve health outcomes and prevent premature death and disability worldwide. Established more than 50 years ago, we continue to provide life-saving services to the people of Bangladesh, and to nurture the next generation of global health leaders.
icddr,b invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Research Officer with Initiative for Climate Change and Health under Health Systems and Population Studies Division. The appointment will be made on a Fixed-Term basis for 1 year, which is renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Duty station – Dhaka. Frequent field visits in any parts of the country may be required.
Salary – Annual Tk.513,420/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
Benefits/facilities –14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,420/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
This position holder will have responsibility to plan, organize and implement quantitative research with the objective of conducting high-quality research within the guidelines of the research protocols and organizational values. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Research Protocol Development: Working with supervisor for writing research protocol to design study and develop research tools; collaborate with other projects/research groups of icddr,b to share research knowledge; coordinate with research administration of icddr,b, government/international authorities in order to support development of proposals and protocols with funding potential.
- Project Implementation: Preparing work plan for research protocol implementation; leading data collection teams; literature review; identifying monitoring tools for quality assurance of data and feedback to the supervisors about field activities timely; train field staffs on data collection and management; monitoring progress of implementation team; providing input and guidance to implementation team as required in order to execute research protocols and interventions, and conducting high-quality research.
- Analysis and Report Writing: Analyzing data and sharing within team for consensus on research findings; work with supervisor for scientific manuscript writing; preparing scientific report and submit to research administration for clearance; literature review for preparing reference for scientific articles in order to support scientific manuscript creation.
Education and Relevant Experience :
- Masters in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Economics/Sociology with good academic records;
- 3 years of experience in survey and surveillance data management and analysis, m-Health, household survey and public health research.
- Quantitative Data Collection Methods;
- Ethical Guidelines;
- Public Health Sector in Bangladesh;
- Scientific writing;
- Computer operations (MS Office, Statistical applications including Stata and R)
- Demonstrates high level of organizational and financial awareness;
- Always drives for results;
- Must have innovative thinking skill;
- Able to maintain high level of collaborative communications.
- Able to build a highly effective team.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: https://centre.icddrb.org/recruitment/jobList.jsp by August 20, 2017. Internal candidates must mention their identification number in the application.
icddr,b is an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin or disability status. Any attempt by candidates or their associates to influence the outcome of an application will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for interview. All tests and interviews will be held in Dhaka